Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Here Comes The Fall Again

The older I get the colder I get.

I'm not just talking about my cold, dead heart. I'm talking about being a total wimp outdoors.

Don't get me wrong - I love winter. I love winter sports, being outdoors in winter, peeing my name in the snow in winter... all of it (22 letters in my full name - that's a lot of beer hot chocolate).

But somewhere along the way I went from being a kid that would wear shorts while play outside in 12 degree weather to a guy who's burying his hands in his armpits just to walk to the store and back.

Point is, at this rate I'm going to be a fucking icicle by the time I'm 40 and I'm not cool with that. My daughter doesn't need frosty the fucking snowman for a Dad and I don't need hands riddled with frost bite.

What I'm trying to say is, "MAN UP, BODY. Stop being such an asshole. It's not even that cold. Get over it."

No comments:

Post a Comment