Thursday, July 9, 2009

Still Life Still



I haven't spent much time in the last few years talking about bands. Maybe it's because I'm out of the loop. Maybe it's because I'm a narcissist and only talk about myself. Maybe it's because I just haven't found anything worth talking about.

Whatever the reason, all that changes. Now.

Chris forwarded me the new Still Life Still record and it is worth listening to on repeat.

I'm not a music reviewer so I can't wax poetic about the subtleties of the songs, or the deft transitions from Minor 7th to Diminished 9th...because I don't know what that means. Other people have compared them to Broken Social Scene and while there are similarities, I don't think that's entirely accurate, fair, or encompasses everything I hear in their music.

What I can say with certainty is that the last album that I picked up that was as listenable and awesome from start to finish was Les Savy Fav's "Let's Stay Friends".

So it's been a while since I've been this impressed.

If nothing else, check it out on Myspace. Then go see them live - they're awesome.

(thanks to Exclaim - I stole their photo).

1 comment:

  1. And they are super nice dudes who are really fun at birthday parties!

    ReplyDelete